Re: [LAD] Accommodation in Parma

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 17:13:47 EET

Juuso Alasuutari wrote:
> Good news.
>
> I found out last week that I'll receive sponsorship for my LAC trip. That
> means there will be a LASH presentation, and I think a LASH workshop is also
> in order.
>
> The amount I'm getting isn't all that much but it will cover my travel costs.
> That means I'm on the lookout for _cheap_ accommodation near the conference
> site during 15.-20. April. Is there some place there specifically for LAC
> visitors?

fons, i have heard from a number of people who have to cut accommodation
costs as much as possible to be able to attend. imho, it would be very
unfortunate to lose many prospective attendants for lack of money... :(

if the weather is as promised, i've heard from several people who would
like to camp.
is there a cheap campsite within easy walking distance of the LAC venues
(or, even better, a patch of lawn on campus combined with a gym for
sanitary facilities?)

if so, some info on the lac page would be helpful.