Re: [LAD] Accommodation in Parma

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 27 2009 - 21:41:11 EET

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 09:50:02AM -0800, Ronald Stewart wrote:

> Can I ask a really stupid question? If I was flying in from LA (on a
> plane) what would be my route to Parma?

Parma has a tiny airport, the only international
connection is to London Stansted. At the time of
writing there are 4 Ryanair flights each week, but
this *could* increase to daily in the spring and
summer.

The nearest airports are Bologna and Milano.
Bologna airport is near the city center, from
there you have the intercity train (1h) to Parma.
The Milano airports (there are two, Malpensa and
Linate) are about 45 min from Milano by bus (every
20 min), from there you have the intercity train
to Parma (1.5h).

Ciao,

--
FA