Re: [LAD] basic in-game audio synthesis api?

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 20:35:38 EEST

"james morris" <james@email-addr-hidden-art.net> writes:

> I'm wanting to use basic synthesis techniques such as ADSRs LFOs
> hi/lo pass filters, echo, and reverb to generate some kind of
> ambient sound scape using pre-recorded audio clips, for a game I'm
> working on.

It depends on what game you're developing.

If you're developing a 3d action game, like first person shooters,
then that's a whole chapter for itself if you want to do it right, but
if you're making a pin ball game, tetris or some game where you
generally don't move through corridors, etc, I would definitely use
supercollider.

You can load samples into supercollider or you can model your
synthesis from scratch or a combination of both, then just send
timestamped OSC messages to trigger or control them.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m