Re: [LAD] [Jack-Devel] more jack/qjackctl madness : some comments

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 12:44:54 EEST

Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> First we have to get a consensus on this "runtime choice of auto-start
> strategy", then we'll have to find the best way to implement it.

I was against mixed jack1/jack2 and i'm against the runtime choice
now. IMHO it complicates things for user instead of simplifying it.
It also complicates codebase and I think we can spend our efforts with
something else instead. Still, if someone has the motivation to do
runtime choice of auto-strategy - fine, i can live with it. The only
important thing is that with jackdbus the default strategy must be
autostarting through dbus. If it is not, by default jackdbus control apps
will not work with jackdbus. Such setup will be pretty useless, eh?

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>