Re: [LAD] [ANN] invada-studio-plugins-lv2-1.0.0

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Sun May 31 2009 - 11:29:44 EEST

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Fraser <fraser@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Justin Smith wrote:
>
>> now I am trying to figure out how to access the GUI controls, neither
>> ardour nor rosegarden seem to let me do this, are they the wrong apps,
>> or am I using the apps the wrong way?
>
> The custom GUI's are an optional extension, it's up to the host app (ardour etc) to decide if it wants to use the custom GUI or generate
> it's own. If the host app supports the LV2 UI extension it'll show the custom gui automatically.

Rosegarden does not support LV2 at all, so presumably you're just
seeing the LADSPA versions of these plugins there.

Even if it did support LV2, it couldn't support the GUIs because
(unless it has changed dramatically since I last looked at it) the LV2
GUI extension is limited to a single host toolkit which Rosegarden
does not use, namely GTK.

Chris