Re: [LAD] LADSPA extension for periodic control values?

From: Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 09:31:39 EEST

Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
>> <whisper> Since it's useful, doesn't break anything, and trivially
>> easy, there is no reason for not adding such a bit. </whisper>
>>

> If it is added to the next version LADSPA itself, then it's fine,
> otherwise anyone could think like that and you can imagine the
> *POTENTIAL* mess.

I think way too many things in Linux audio are concerned about potential
this and potential that, all while ignoring real problems/deficiencies.
Idealism taken to extremes and all that.

I already support enums in LADSPA via LRDF, but someone introduced those
two bits and they were done "properly" (without breaking anything that
used to work before), I'd support them in Calf, too.

Krzysztof