Re: [LAD] LADSPA extension for periodic control values?

From: Stefano D'Angelo <zanga.mail@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 11:05:33 EEST

2009/6/15 Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>:
> Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
>>>
>>> <whisper> Since it's useful, doesn't break anything, and trivially
>>> easy, there is no reason for not adding such a bit. </whisper>
>>>

>> If it is added to the next version LADSPA itself, then it's fine,
>> otherwise anyone could think like that and you can imagine the
>> *POTENTIAL* mess.
>>

> I think way too many things in Linux audio are concerned about potential
> this and potential that, all while ignoring real problems/deficiencies.
> Idealism taken to extremes and all that.

Well, I just misread the original post (somehow I thought Jorn wanted
to add the hint outside of the LADSPA spec, that would cause lots of
problems).

> I already support enums in LADSPA via LRDF, but someone introduced those two
> bits and they were done "properly" (without breaking anything that used to
> work before), I'd support them in Calf, too.

Two bits?

Stefano

P.S.: Regarding LV2 Calf plugins, could you use urn:ladspa:12345-style
URIs as specified here
(http://lv2plug.in/docs/index.php?title=Replace_plugin) for
dc:replace? ;-)