Re: [LAD] LADSPA extension for periodic control values?

From: Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 11:39:36 EEST

Stefano D'Angelo wrote:

> Well, I just misread the original post (somehow I thought Jorn wanted
> to add the hint outside of the LADSPA spec, that would cause lots of
> problems).

Lots of problems? What sort of?

If you mean hordes of people suddenly starting to define their own
proprietary undocumented conflicting port hints and hidden strings...
wake up :)

We don't see people flooding the LV2 Wiki with new port hint proposals.
And it's much easier to define new port hints in LV2 than it is in LADSPA.

> Two bits?

Flags, port hints, bits, YKWIM.

> P.S.: Regarding LV2 Calf plugins, could you use urn:ladspa:12345-style
> URIs as specified here
> (http://lv2plug.in/docs/index.php?title=Replace_plugin) for
> dc:replace? ;-)

Yes.