Re: [LAD] reading and writing to /dev/dsp

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 23 2009 - 18:44:13 EEST

Paul Davis skreiv:
> there are several ways to accomplish what you want without writing any
> software at all. i believe that PulseAudio can do this, so that might
> be a first point of investigation, although I do not know what the
> state of PulseAudio support on Fedora9 is.

You can, I do it all the time. It gets very much more userfriendly if
you have the GUI applets which exist for Gnome at least. There's also a
video on the net demonstrating how to do this (can't recall where right
now).

This is one of the strengths of Pulseaudio which is too seldom
considered when people critizise it.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org