Re: [LAD] Connecting to Ekiga from the rest of the World

From: Nicola Larosa <nico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jul 25 2009 - 14:17:03 EEST

Jens M Andreasen wrote:
> Well well, all that was asked for was somewhere to register a SIP
> connection without a lot of to do. Anyone?

I've been using VoipCheap for quite a while with Twinkle and other SIP
clients. Service is free for SIP calls, you only pay (sometimes ;-) )
when calling phones.

I see they now have a web signup form for non-Windows users: in the past
you had to use a Windows app for signup only, ironically.

Voice quality is good, and by the way, rates to call phones were (are?)
quite lower than Skype, and free for calls to landline numbers in most
countries.

http://www.voipcheap.com/

FEI (For Everyone's Info), while SIP is a standard and interoperable
protocol, Skype is a proprietary protocol and app, and being a peer-to-
peer system, it uses your bandwidth for other calls too.

--
Nicola Larosa - http://www.tekNico.net/
The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they