Re: [LAD] At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

From: <laseray@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 19:59:59 EEST

On Monday 27 July 2009 12:28:32 Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > "My recommendation is, that Bob forge the project within the next 3
> > month, that he will be the head of the project, but coders from the
> > community get access to the source directories, after they have shown by
> > some patches, that they are able to program, or what ever the regular
> > way for FLOSS projects might be."
> >
> > At least the source code should be available within the next 3 month.
> > Maybe we can try to find something similar to this and stop anything
> > else:
>
> First thanks for your reply on list Bob, cause that's what we need, an
> open dialogue.
>
> The relation between Raymond and Bob is not on it's high at the moment,
> we'll leave it by that now ;)
>
> I don't think Ralf is the one who should do a proposal for a base for
> corporation. I think the owner of the project Bob, should clarify
> reasonably what his plans are with the project and how much space his is
> willing to give to other developers and contributors. Also he should say
> something about how he will act according to what the GPL license says.
>
> I think it's your turn Bob and don't speak to anyone personal... speak
> to the community.

Sure, he can do that. But do not make any more excuses. No one cares if he
was here or there or did not have enough time to put out the source.
You have to make time or don't put anything out. Excuses about these sorts
of things are all very lame excuses and no one, except the very gullible,
could believe them.

Take responsibility for using the GPL and think ahead. It is no ones problem
what someone else is doing. Other people develop GPL software and they put
the source out at the very same time as the binaries as they are supposed to.

I have no more patience for excuses. Others may not have heard them yet,
but let me be the first one to point them out, when I read any more. Stick to
those things which are relevant, the license conditions and very little else.

Raymond