Re: [LAD] At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 19:52:40 EEST

laseray@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> On Monday 27 July 2009 12:16:17 you wrote:
>
>> Hi Raymond :) hi list :)
>>
>> "My recommendation is, that Bob forge the project within the next 3
>> month, that he will be the head of the project, but coders from the
>> community get access to the source directories, after they have shown by
>> some patches, that they are able to program, or what ever the regular
>> way for FLOSS projects might be."
>>
>> At least the source code should be available within the next 3 month.
>>

> Bob can certainly do that. It is his, or his groups, right to do that. It also
> is the right of anybody who gets the application.
>
> So, as I have said previously, there is no "we" to discuss this anymore.
> I tried to reason, use logic, point to the license, etc. None of that works.
> No matter how many times I say "read the GPL" or "read the FAQ page
> for the GPL", it just does not seem to be done. So there is no point in trying
> anymore.
>
> A separate project exists now. And whatever work is done on it will be to
> improve it. That is the point of having a project. Never mind this hand waving
> that is done to try to convince others that a fork can never be as good as the
> original or that some damage is done. These are typical tactics of those who
> do not want others to have any control. There is no damage, find some real
> evidence of that (not just pumped up emotions or other questionable things).
> It is very difficult to show damage on an offering that is free software. It
> is given away at no cost, without warranty, etc. So are forks of it, when they
> exist. Trying to hold someone up to some "imaginary" damage is a snowball
> in hell.
>
> Raymond

There are some projects that become more than one project, full ACK,
it's okay to do it that way. I do understand that for you there is no
"we" with Bob (maybe someday this will change, maybe not). For the FLOSS
world the LAD community anyway should try to make Bob open the source of
his version of Impro-Visor. As I've written before, I can't see any
damage you should have done.

I now will read what Bob has to write about the project and when there
will be the time, when he will open the source code.

Cheers,
Ralf