Re: [LAD] porting ladspa plugins to lv2

From: David Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 20:08:43 EEST

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 13:37 +0200, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 12:32:27PM +0100, james morris wrote:
>
> > For now I've decided to tackle something relatively simple, just to get
> > me introduced to working with LV2. As a first _exercise_ I'm working on
> > porting the Mvclpf1 by Fons Adriaensen, to LV2.
>
> Note that all the Mvcflpf* were designed as modules for
> AMS and that makes them somewhat special. AMS uses audio
> rate signals for modulation waveforms (envelopes etc).

This can be reasonably represented with the port groups extension so any
host can do the reasonable thing.

That said: Some other convention for "audio ports that are actually
controls" might be good, but I've basically been assuming that some more
powerful extension for 'CV' ports and such will come along anyway... and
audio/control rate polymorphism... That dichotomy from LADSPA (and
consequent mess of different versions of the same plugins) really sucks.
It must die. :)

-dr