Re: [LAD] Background on the Impro-Visor project

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 20:10:50 EEST

Hi Bob :)

Robert Keller wrote:
> However, I don't feel that I
> am obligated to accept every suggestion that someone makes about
> software that is my own.

You used GPL stuff without accepting the GPL? Less people understand the
GPL completely, but c'mon you're an academic. Maybe you are obligated by
ethics to share your own software with other people who make it possible
for you by their own, but libre and open sourced software or even people
that never did anything for you.

> I have contacted sourceForge
> about his posting of sources relating to the project, and they
> suggested filing a copyright infringement (the project is copyright by
> me and Harvey Mudd College).

You don't want that Raymond does forge his own version of Impro-Visor?
Why not? I can't see any damage by doing this.

> a lot of the thinking that went into the project is
> that of me and my students.

And also by some GPL coders.

You won't share your knowledge?

Cheers,