Re: [LAD] Background on the Impro-Visor project

From: <laseray@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jul 27 2009 - 22:24:10 EEST

On Monday 27 July 2009 14:51:05 Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 14:36 -0400, laseray@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>
> I don't know where those people would come from. I didn't say there's a
> lack of substance. Aggression tends to cloud rationality and hinders
> amicable solutions.

Tried the nice approach. Already stated that previously, again and again.
People don't listen though.

> > I see 100% chance that you do not know what you are talking about because
> > you are not closely involved. You should check all the posts more
> > carefully. Don't worry you will not be the first person who does not see
> > this clearly.
>
> You must be the one single person who knows what is going on and what is
> right and wrong in this case. What's this thread for? I mean, you have
> your fork, right? You already judged the other side. You don't take or
> need any input, it seems.

Don't need input about the legalities or being nice for some forsaken
misguided reason by people who don't know what they are talking about.
Input for the program sure, for the actual application. All the other
hypotheses about attitude or whatever can go to /dev/null.

> You clearly stated your position. Anything left?

Only if people keep levelling unfair criticisms. I am ready to move forward,
but others want to state all kinds of opinions. Opinions are fine, but when
they are voiced they can expect others coming back on them if they are not
based on sound reasoning. It's only fair.

It is pretty nasty to defame people when they actually haven't even done
anything yet, don't you think? Posting binaries and source for a FOSS project
are not grounds for accusations of theft, damages, copyright infringement.
When people are wrong, they are wrong. No need for niceness, ad nauseam,
way past the point of civil behavior on the other person's part. It is
certainly not civil to make false accusations, knowingly or otherwise. It
is even against the law in some places and prosecutable.

Raymond