Re: [LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

From: Tim Goetze <tim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 20:29:09 EEST

[Paul Davis]
[...]
>and the cleanup function formerly known as fini() as
>
> __attribute__((destructor))
>
>failure to do this pretty much guarantees plugin crashes on OS X and
>other platforms that dropped init+fini support years ago.

I've added these attributes to _init() and _fini() sometime ago but
hopeful users of caps on OSX tell me linking the .so fails:

$ g++ -nostartfiles -O2 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -Wall -fPIC -DPIC
-shared -o caps.so [list of object files]

is answered with

ld: could not find entry point "start" (perhaps missing crt1.o)

Since you brought OSX up, I thought you might be able to tell me how
to resolve this?

Thanks, Tim