Re: [LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 19:20:44 EEST

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Damon
Chaplin<damon@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> A quick update - fixes have been found for blop, caps & cmt, and the
> ladspa Sine plugin problem is fixed in the latest version.

Damon - fantastic work. really great stuff.

I'd just like to remind LADSPA (and LV2) plugin authors that use of
init() for module-level initialization has been deprecated for some
time. Plugins should mark the module-level init function with

   __attribute__((constructor))

and the cleanup function formerly known as fini() as

  __attribute__((destructor))

failure to do this pretty much guarantees plugin crashes on OS X and
other platforms that dropped init+fini support years ago.

--p