[LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

From: Damon Chaplin <damon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 14:39:44 EEST

Hi,

I've been having problems with a few LADSPA plugins recently, so I've
written a little test app that loads all LADSPA plugins, connects the
ports and runs them for one cycle. (I've attached it here.)

I've run it on the plugin packages I have installed, using valgrind, and
the results are:

amb crashes
blop memory errors (patches sent for some of the errors)
calf memory errors in Flanger & MultiChorus plugins
caps memory errors in 3 plugins
cmt memory errors (patches sent)
fil OK
ladspa memory errors in Sine plugin (mismatched free/deletes)
mcp OK
rev OK
swh crashes
tap memory errors in 5 plugins
vco OK

Note that not all memory errors are bugs, but most are. (There's also a
chance that my test app is buggy, rather than the plugins.)

I've sent a few patches for cmt and blop, and will probably try to track
down the bugs in a few other packages. If others want to help
(especially the owners of the above packages!) that would be good.

Damon