Re: [LAD] Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 14:37:13 EEST

Bengt Gördén wrote:
> Den Tuesday 28 July 2009 13.12.06 skrev Chris Cannam:
>
>> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Bengt Gördén<bengan@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> And for the record. LAD and LAU is seldom hit by this kind of outbursts.
>>>
>> In the last 18 months in LAD we've seen some pretty emotive flamewars
>> about Reaper, LV2 in closed source software, LinuxSampler licensing,
>> plugin output negotiation, JACK packaging, JACK and DBUS, PulseAudio,
>> the way qjackctl starts up jackd, RTKit, and probably some other
>> things I've forgotten. And this. This isn't a high traffic list; the
>> flames quite likely outnumber the rest.
>>

> Well. I don't agree. I see quite a lot of emails coming from LAD and LAU and I
> don't think it isn't that much. To not agree about some topic is not a
> flamewar. But lets not start another flamewar because of that.
>
> Just for the fun of it. Have a look at http://www.flamewars.net. There are
> some real outbursts. The one that the ending is "hyperglycemic little troll."
> is really state of the art in outbursts.
>

> /bengan

IMO Linux audio lists tends to flamewars ;) but I don't think it's sad.
At the moment there is a thread about Guitarix and LV2 without a
flamewar. There's a nice mailer called Thunderbird.

Tools > Message Filters... > New... > Copy and paste an unwanted subject

"Audio" means that there will be some artists and artists are emotional
people and yes, artist sometimes are emotional disturbed, but at the
same time gifted musicians, coders etc.

This world isn't perfect.

Ralf