Re: [LAD] Test app for LADSPA plugins

From: Damon Chaplin <damon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 30 2009 - 12:34:23 EEST

Hi,

I've tracked down all the issues spotted by my test app and emailed all
the maintainers. So hopefully they'll get fixed.

I've tried the demolition test app as well. The output isn't too clear
so I've summarised the major issues spotted:

Demolition Findings

CALF
34049 "Calf MultiChorus LADSPA" all input controls FLOAT MAX: Watchdog
timeout
33924 "Calf Phaser LADSPA" all input controls FLOAT MIN: Segfault
33918 "Calf Reverb LADSPA" all input controls FLOAT MAX: Assertion
failure

CMT
1226 "Phase Modulated Voice" all input controls FLOAT MAX: Watchdog
timeout
1849 "Logistic Map Control Generator" all input controls FLOAT MIN:
Watchdog timeout
1221 "Analogue Voice" all input controls FLOAT MAX: Watchdog timeout

SWH
1605 "Reverse Delay (5s max)" all input controls FLOAT MAX: Segfault
1208 "Retro Flanger" all input controls +Inf: Watchdog timeout
1905 "VyNil (Vinyl Effect)" all input controls zero: Watchdog timeout
1211 "Tape Delay Simulation" all input controls +Inf: Watchdog timeout

1904 "GLAME Butterworth Highpass" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault
1903 "GLAME Butterworth Lowpass" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault
1902 "Glame Butterworth X-over Filter" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault
1894 "Mag's Notch Filter" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault
1890 "Glame Highpass Filter" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault
1891 "Glame Lowpass Filter" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault
1892 "Glame Bandpass Filter" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault
1893 "Glame Bandpass Analog Filter" instantiate/cleanup: Segfault

"Watchdog timeout" means the run function takes too long - maybe an
infinite loop.

"instantiate/cleanup" means the plugin's instantiate function was called
and then the cleanup function, with nothing else. That sort of thing can
happen with modular synths.

I'm not sure we should worry about problems with controls set to "Inf",
but all normal values should probably be handled OK.

Damon