Re: [LAD] FFADO Contact Needed

From: alex tinsley <cvtrig@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 10:41:56 EEST

Hi,

The reason I'm asking for this info is that In my day job I work as the Test
Mgr for Avid Audio in the Compatibility Test Lab working on device testing
for the M-Audio product line. I'm one of the few in my group that use Linux
for more than web design in my own time and monitors this thread for my own
interests, I know which of our devices work on Linux which do not, and why.
There was a great 2 part article by Dave Smith on Linux Audio in Linux
Journal last year which I liked very much, I noted that he was requesting
better support from the audio vendors as a primary concern for the future of
linux audio.

As it turns out the product manager that works on the M-Audio product line
of audio I/O devices for existing support has asked me for assistance in
learning more about what is needed from the FFADO project to see if it is
something that Avid can support. I need to get him chatting with some one or
group of folks that can provide some info for him. So for the info provided
already, thank you very much.

The question that is being asked by a slew of folks and I'm carrying forth
to this group is what is needed in the FFADO driver to talk to a 1394 Audio
device so that the control panel for FFADO will route audio accordingly that
does not require Avid to reveal the source code for the current drivers or
firmware?

Many thanks in advance.

Alex

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hiddenwrote:

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:42:02PM -0700, alex tinsley wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> Hi!
>
> > developers on this email group that can provide a contact email that will
> > garner a response?
>
> To other LADs: I already replied and CCed the usual FFADO suspects,
> especially Pieter Palmers. ;)
>

> --
> mail: adi@email-addr-hidden http://adi.thur.de PGP/GPG: key via keyserver
>
> Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to test IQ....

When you gotta have it, you gotta have it. Lesson learned from days of
record shopping.