Re: [LAD] FFADO Contact Needed

From: Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 16:28:52 EEST

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:41:56AM -0700, alex tinsley wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> As it turns out the product manager that works on the M-Audio product line
> of audio I/O devices for existing support has asked me for assistance in
> learning more about what is needed from the FFADO project to see if it is
> something that Avid can support. I need to get him chatting with some one or
> group of folks that can provide some info for him. So for the info provided
> already, thank you very much.

I guess you've seen Jonathan's mail. I suggest you talk to him directly.

In the past, the project has asked for a test device, some kind of
device specification (read: papers) and a contact in case of questions.

There have also been NDAs, i.e. with TCAT, to support their widely used
DICE platform.

> The question that is being asked by a slew of folks and I'm carrying forth
> to this group is what is needed in the FFADO driver to talk to a 1394 Audio
> device so that the control panel for FFADO will route audio accordingly that

To my knowledge, this boils down to the on-wire ISO format plus all the
management stuff (like device initialization, how to address the mixer).

If provided, supporting it should be possible, but Jonathan will tell
you more precisely about this. ;)

If you like, switch to the ffado-devel mailinglist, however, writing to
Jonathan directly is probably the best to get things done.

I really appreciate your help, having M-Audio actively supporting Linux
is good news.

Cheerio

--
mail: adi@email-addr-hidden  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver