Re: [LAD] trolls and filtering...

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 17:16:59 EEST

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> just a passing remark: it is very easy to filter out a troll. it is
> however close to impossible to filter responses to trolling by people
> whose mail i appreciate in general.

Just filter by topic. It should be pretty clear after only a few
messages whether the continuation is of any value.

Incidentally, the filter setup in my mailer (Icedove, whatever that is)
is done in the Create Filter From Message dialog under the Messages
menu. It's nice, I can define the filter with various controls, then I
can have the filtered messages sent to whatever destination I prefer.
Sweet.

I presume other mail handlers work in similar fashion.

Best,

dp