Re: [LAD] students and copyright

From: Arnout Engelen <lad@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Aug 02 2009 - 16:29:53 EEST

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 08:25:19AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, how many participants in this discussion are
> copyright holders ? How many of you have published works under copyright ?

At least in the Netherlands (and i believe this goes for most if not all of
Europe), it's pretty hard not to be a copyright holder: you're automatically a
copyright holder when you create a nontrivial work. Registering your copyright
is optional (but can make things somewhat easier in case of a dispute).

So yeah, I'm a copyright holder, mostly some software here and there and a
couple of publications in online and dead-tree magazines.

Arnout