Re: [LAD] At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Aug 03 2009 - 15:12:24 EEST

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Raymond Martin <laseray@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> One thing I think everyone can appreciate is when there is an issue
> concerning licensing that the responsible party does not turn around
> on another list/group and make it sound like the "open source" people
> are bad guys preventing others from doing what they want.
>
> The actually facts of the situation are that people should make an
> effort to get things sorted out before they ever distribute any code
> or binaries. Attempts by others to set things right means they are
> well-intentioned, not the other way around as expressed on that
> group.
>
> Shifting the burden of responsibility onto others is a good way to
> have issues come back at you in the future. It really does not show
> good intentions.
>
> I mean, how difficult would it have been to just mention there was a
> problem
> and that it would be fixed as things progress. Not very hard at all. So
> there
> was no need for trying to paint others as the culprits in some bad
> situation
> which the person brought on their self.
>
> Behavior like that just makes me even more inclined to fork an application
> because I know that I will respect licenses and clear all the little issues
> up. Plus I welcome discussion, whether agreeing or disagreeing with my
> own views.
>
> If you want to discuss things you can do so by joining the Improvisor
> mailing
> list on the project (http://sf.net/projects/improvisor). Anybody can,
> that includes Mr. Keller, because that is how people cooperate and
> participate, by not shutting people out.
>
> Raymond

I suggest that Raymond keep picking the GPL issues of Impro-Visor, till
everything is fixed. I'm not saying that Raymond should join now or that he
can't have his fork, but I hope that at some point Raymond can join the
Impro-Visor project and help improving Impro-Visor. Cause imho this will be
the best for all parties including and especially the end-user.

Regards,

\r