Re: [LAD] A question for power HW experts

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 11:58:30 EEST

Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 00:41:23 Esben Stien wrote:
>
>> Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Rack mount is preferred but not essential.
>>>
>> What are you talking about..!?!?. Of course, it's essential;).
>>

> Some metal brackets and some screws will do nicely. No need to pay some
> vendors overpriced metal brackets and screws. :-D
> If it doesn't fit, use a larger hammer.

:D

Maybe vendors overpriced rack mount equipment decouple vibrations to
avoid noise. The hammered crooked DIY rack mount case might become a
PITA. For my computer case the only thing that sometimes make noise are
the side panels because of small clearance to the rest of the case.
Sometimes they are vibrating and bump against the rest of the case.
Problems like this are solvable, but if possible, directly buying
something that is fine, seems to be the better solution. I'm only using
DIY stuff :D, sometimes it's fine, but sometimes ... ;).

Ralf