Re: [LAD] Kim did the switch to Linux

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 14:20:17 EEST

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> It seems to me that this attitude comes from a limited understanding
> of how the open source community works.

It differs to other open source communities, I agree and this might be a
problem for me, I agree. But I don't agree that most machines can be set
up to be fine with Linux audio. I mentioned that most people using Linux
don't use many recording techniques, that are common for home-recording
and professional recording.

At home I'm only using Linux! It's said that less than 1% desktop
computer users, including all non-audio users, are using Linux worldwide
in 2009. It's from a German report done by Linux folks. If developers
won't listen to users to understand their needs, the amount of users
will decrees.

What's bad with pointing out some issues?

Ralf