Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 17:16:34 EEST

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Raymond Martin<laseray@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Nonetheless, any
> code mixed with GPL code and distributed automatically becomes GPL
> regardless of any other distribution of the same code under another license.

This is quite wrong and, frankly, far more scarily so than mere
misunderstandings about what is actually in the GPL. The fact that
you persist in it despite having had it explained to you several times
shows a serious and potentially dangerous misconception about
copyright, not just about the details of a particular license. I very
much hope there are not many more people out there who share this
misconception.

Chris