Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 08 2009 - 00:07:42 EEST

On Friday 07 August 2009 13:10:50 Raymond Martin wrote:
> Show me where I have done something wrong. I am not seizing anything
> by taking what is freely given. Make sense. I showed in another post that
> there is nothing wrong with decompilation under GPL

I don't see you as having done something wrong in the case you lay out, just
maintaining that it is ok to do something similar which people are saying is
wrong. That is in a similar case but where there is no intent to make a
program GPL but linking that program with GPL code. Saying that that
resulting program is automatically under the GPL despite author claims to the
contrary and then, by logic, that it is OK to decompile that and put the
source up under the GPL.

From what I see, if I release a binary and claim it is GPL but fail to release
the source, it is OK to decompile that binary and put up the source.
Naturally, forking a GPL project is OK.

There does seem to be a good amount of "dug in" in the mix now though.

all the best,

drew