Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: Robert Keller <keller@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 08 2009 - 00:31:36 EEST

On Aug 7, 2009, at 2:07 PM, drew Roberts wrote:

> Naturally, forking a GPL project is OK.

Forking a project and calling it something nearly identical (removing
a dash) cannot help but generate confusion and is an example of
hostile fork.

Here are some guidelines for forking, which seem sensible to me:

http://jamesdixon.wordpress.com/2009/05/07/forking-protocol-why-when-and-how-to-fork-an-open-source-project/

But none of these was followed in the case in question.

Don't bother to reply. I leave this group with a fair amount of
bitterness and disappointment in the way one of your members has
conducted himself. To those who seemed to understand my position along
the way, I thank you for your support.

Bob Keller

Robert Keller
Csilla & Walt Foley Professor