Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Aug 08 2009 - 16:18:34 EEST

On Saturday 08 August 2009 06:45:25 Raymond Martin wrote:
> Trademarks in FOSS are just as bad as
> software patents. Too bad most people do not get that.

Ah. Trademarks can be used properly with Free Software. For the benefit of the
trademark holder's users rather than for the benefit of the trademark holder.

From the users side, trademarks are valuable to me as they can help me
determine if I am getting something from someone I trust rather than someone
I don't trust. To me, this is a reasonable use.

Using them in an attempt to get or emulate vendor lock in is not a reasonable
use with Free Software in my estimation.

My simplistic take waiting to be further informed.

all the best,

drew