Re: [LAD] [LAU] [ANN] LADI Session Handler - Preview 1

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Sep 01 2009 - 15:03:07 EEST

Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Nedko!
> Now I've come up against a wall, which I don't want to climb.
> It's all to do with GUI-toolkits and their relatives. Especially flowcanvas.
> I dearly hope and plea for the feature, to optionalise the GUI-parts.
> Flowcanvas seems to require something ese, which is tedious. Because now I
> could go on installing ad nauseam, without getting anywhere in a short while.
> Well you might say, that I'm a special case, being blind, having no graphic.
> But I think this might hit other people as well. People with other
> main-GUI-toolkits or other commandline friends, and there are some.
> I'd be glad to know, if you're so far along on your way, that you seperated
> the GUI parts from the real thing.
> Kindest regards
> Julien

Hi Julian :)

I guess some GUI stuff is important for you too, because I guess Orca
needs some GNOME GUI stuff ;). Correct me if I'm mistaken ;). I guess
you're using Orca for braille all the time and sometimes for speech
output to?

Btw. if there are alternatives to Orca please inform me (maybe
off-list), because I sometimes meet some visual impaired people, not
very often, but some times.

Cheers,
Ralf