Re: [LAD] jack samplerate/buffersize callbacks

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 05 2009 - 15:53:10 EEST

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 7:55 AM, cal<cal@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I can't quite figure it out, can anyone tell me the circumstances that would
> lead to jack reporting a change to samplerate/buffersize on the fly?

changing the SR is not implemented and we have no plans at present to
implement it. it was added to the API at the outset, and over time is
has become clear that it causes a lot of pain for many apps if we were
to implement it. neither jack2 nor jack1 actually does anything when a
client makes this request. however we have still not definitively
decided whether or not it should be a functioning part of the API,
hence the misleading situation you see at present.