Re: [LAD] Pd, Csound and SuperCollider code as plugin

From: rosea grammostola <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 22 2009 - 11:59:26 EEST

victor wrote:
> I suppose by virtue of Jack, it's possible to run SC, PD, Csound or anything
> jackable as a separate process, and pretend it is a plugin to things like
> Ardour.
Of course that is possible, and a fine thing. But some people wants to
make music, not instruments...
Of course it's better if you learn the whole language, but not everyone
wants that, have the time or capacity for it.

So such a plugin interface should make it more easy for just musicians
to make use of the intstruments and effects in Pd, Csound or SC.

I also can imagine such a thing would be good for projects like Ardour.
For some people the lack of commercial VST plugins is a reason not to
use Linux. You may fill that gap by having some pretty cool and easy to
use SC or Pd plugins.

Regards,

\r