Re: [LAD] MidiSport vs. UA25

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Sep 26 2009 - 14:29:53 EEST

Arnout Engelen wrote:
> I did some tweaks:
> - increased the rtprio for the USB IRQ handler

How can I do this? I only know how to make my Siwssonic USB MIDI device
head of the USB devices by Rui's rtirq.

Is there something I could change for rtirq, to get less jitter for the
USB MIDI device?

#!/bin/bash
#
# Copyright (c) 2004-2007 rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela.
#
# /etc/default/rtirq
#
# Configuration for IRQ thread tunning,
# for realtime-preempt enabled kernels.
#
# This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
# under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or later.
#

# IRQ thread service names
# (space separated list, from higher to lower priority).
# DEFAULT:
# RTIRQ_NAME_LIST="rtc snd usb i8042"
# EDITED TO:
RTIRQ_NAME_LIST="rtc snd usb3 i8042"

# Highest priority.
RTIRQ_PRIO_HIGH=90

# Priority decrease step.
RTIRQ_PRIO_DECR=5

# Whether to reset all IRQ threads to SCHED_OTHER.
RTIRQ_RESET_ALL=0

# On kernel configurations that support it,
# which services should be NOT threaded
# (space separated list).
RTIRQ_NON_THREADED="rtc snd"

# Process names which will be forced to the
# highest realtime priority range (99-91)
# (space separated list, from highest to lower priority).
# RTIRQ_HIGH_LIST="softirq-timer"

> - decreased the 'latency_timer' value for my wireless network card and cardbus
> slot
> - tried to increase 'latency_timer' for the USB controller, but it remained
> at 0 - i guess it doesn't support this option

*?*

Ralf