Re: [LAD] "Open midi-keyboard"

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sun Sep 27 2009 - 15:07:40 EEST

Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 01:00:25PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>

>> ... but a master keyboard should
>> support custom velocity curves not only for note on velocity, but also for
>> note off velocity, anything else seems not to be the task of a master
>> keyboard, but a task for the controlled synth.
>>

> Yes, and in fact the main reason why the velocity curves need
> to be provided by the keyboard is the limited resolution of
> that paramater in the note-on/off messages.
>
> Ciao,

Are velocity curves for note off a standard for master keyboards? I was
searching the web for some master keyboards, but only read the seller
informations. Hm, they have a lot of features, arpeggiator, faders,
dynamic pads etc.. I wonder if it's possible to manufacture a master
keyboard in a far smaller edition than big companies do without
exceeding the price level. Developing a master keyboard and than selling
it as an assembly kit might reduce coasts, but there are also some
offers on the market. Btw. a friend has one of Doepfer's first master
keyboards and it's a bad keyboard, while later master keyboards from
Doepfer should be good once.