Re: [LAD] [ANN] QjackCtl 0.3.5 slipped away!

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 03 2009 - 23:59:44 EEST

On Sat, Oct 03, 2009 at 11:58:42AM +0100, Rui Nuno Capela wrote:

> the new qjackctl dbus thing is just about controlling qjackctl itself,
> i'll repeat, qjackctl and NOT jackd. although it controls the later
> indirectly as the former was devised to get access to the qjackctl
> "start" and "stop" service functions from outsiders, eg. from an
> external script or user process--in fact, it was primarily suggested to
> make it easy for integration with suspend/resume scripts.

With the new release is it still possible to

- start qjackctl while you have an already running jackd,
  and have it connect to that jackd,
- and later terminate qjackctl and leave the jackd rumning,
- repeat this as many times as necessary ?

This is sort of essential to the way I use qjackctl today.

--
FA
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.