[LAD] ladspa scheduling questions

From: Simon Burton <simon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 04 2009 - 00:15:59 EEST

Hi,

I am writing a ladspa host, some kind of modular synth with a python front-end.

In terms of the scheduling algorithm, I was just going to do a topological sort
and then run each plugin from the sources to the sinks. If there is a loop (does
this even make sense?), well i'm not sure what to do there, perhaps it is up to
the script to specify the order.

The other thing I noticed is that plugins are expected to completely fill and/or
drain their buffers (ports). Doesn't this mean it's impossible to make a resampling
plugin with LADSPA ?

Simon.