Re: [LAD] timers

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 08 2009 - 16:46:07 EET

2009/11/8 Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>

> On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 02:42:56PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
> > spinymouse-sudo@email-addr-hidden:~$ ll /dev/hpet
> > bash: ll: command not found
>
> See below.
>
> > spinymouse-sudo@email-addr-hidden:~$ ls /dev | grep hpet
> > hpet
>
> Useless Use Of Pipe.
>
> > spinymouse-sudo@email-addr-hidden:~$ cat /boot/config-2.6.29-1-multimedia-amd64 |
> > grep CONFIG_SND
>
> Useless Use Of Cat.[0]
>

> Why is it that you constantly prove your lack of knowledge on LAD? Looks
> like you don't even know the most basic UNIX commands. That is:
>
> adi@email-addr-hidden:~$ ls -l /dev/hpet
> crw-rw---- 1 root root 10, 228 Nov 7 16:03 /dev/hpet
>
> "ll" has historically been an alias for "ls -l" on some systems, let's
> say SuSE 4.x ;)
>
> I suggest you check what the "D" in "LAD" stands for and ask yourself if
> this is really the right audience for your Linux n00b questions.
>

> HTH
>

> [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_%28Unix%29#Useless_use_of_cat

Holy shit, wait, is that one a demonstration of a "useless use of reply in
e-mail"? Good one!

People should _never_ post aliases. What SuSE or corporationX/distributionY
does is their useless business, and customers/users should never bring the
resulting useless habits outside.

There are countless users on this and related lists (there is no way to bar
them from subscribing) who possess such useless knowledge, maybe we should
start crucifying them for being uselessly inferior?

Oh wait, sorry. Ignore this (yet another useless) reply!