Re: [LAD] timers

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Mon Nov 09 2009 - 00:11:22 EET

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 2:46 PM, Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> 2009/11/8 Adrian Knoth <adi@email-addr-hidden>
>> [...]
>> [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_%28Unix%29#Useless_use_of_cat
>
> Holy shit, wait, is that one a demonstration of a "useless use of reply in
> e-mail"? Good one!

It's certainly a candidate for weirdest irrelevant flame interjected
into an otherwise reasonable thread.

> On a serious note, someone has got to enforce a way to stop topics like these from being posted to LAD.

No, this is fine for LAD. Emanuel is a developer and he had a
question that's relevant to developers. The thread digressed a bit,
but in a gentle enough way, and we all know how to ignore a thread if
we don't want to read it.

This is not such a high-traffic list, at least when you weed out the
stupid flames.

Chris