Re: [LAD] LADI

From: Loki Davison <loki.davison@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 00:17:31 EET

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Adrian Knoth
<adi@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:26:06PM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:
>
>> I have never understood why D-Bus was even considered for a network-wide
>> audio session system.
>
> Just curious: I wonder who's using network audio. Much of Linux Audio
> is related to this "network" stuff, but I've never seen it anywhere
> else.

Fantastic summary. I think it's a very tiny % of users who are
probably happy writing shell scripts or using weird stuff to get it to
work. I haven't quite worked out why getting actual normal, everyday
task to work well isn't more of a focus, but i suspect for most
developers it's less exciting. Which is totally fair. I'd be rather
impressed if external reverb programs (jconv) got started and setup
when I load my ardour session. I really don't care if it works between
machines.

Loki