Re: [LAD] LADI

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 24 2009 - 19:09:54 EET

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:04:59 -0500, Paul Davis
<paul@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Adrian Knoth
>
>> All we need is a decent plugin API, and LV2 seems to be the choice.
>
> It is looking increasingly like that, but there are still issues that
> are not solved. You still will not be able to take any existing LV2
> plugin and use its provided GUI in a host written in Qt. Solvable?
> Almost certainly. Solution exists? Not at this time. Is it the right
> idea for the future? I'd say probably, yes.

<lame-interrupt>maybe not thee solution, but erm... qtractor (svn trunk)
already does it for the lv2 external uis (only one existing attow, Nedko's
4band filter?

the problem here seems to be re.hosting lv2 gtk ui extension based
plugins.
i'm too lazy to tell whether it's feasible under qt, maybe not, maybe
outright wrong :) why not have it all as external ui? Nedko has proved
it's doable. why is there a gtk ui extension in the first place, for
crying out loud? why call it "extension" ? seems more like an "occlusion"
:))
nevermind

plugin guis should be freely written using gtk or any other toolkit.
requiring the host to be of the very same flesh-and-blood is what i find
questionable, to say the least ;)
</lame-interrupt>

cheers

--