Re: [LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

From: Michael Chapman <chapman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 09:33:05 EET

On Wednesday 25 November 2009 9:22 am, Adrian Knoth wrote:
> I'm happy to go away and not bother you with the progress network
> programming made during the last 10 years.

The devil is in "programming" . . . networking is still stuck in the last
Century. There are clear political reasons for that, but here is not the
place . . .

Yes, if code can cover both 4 and 6 that is great. Code should do that
wherever possible, of course.

But 6 has (thus far) failed . . . in terms of take up. Expecting users to
grapple with 6 for intramural networking when they are familiar with 4 for
extramural is an ?unnecessary burden. (Code, see above, is obviously another
matter.)

Michael