[LAD] some questions about writing a jack client

From: mutil <mutil@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 25 2009 - 12:17:39 EET

hello everyone,
        I am trying to write a c++/qt4 jack client which mix 2 inputs and has a jack
output. The problem is that currently jack gets zombified too often and I would
like some info on how can I debug the exact reason this happens. I suspect
it's the way the app is written and I am planning to rewrite it but I need
some advices first.
        The way it's currently written makes use of mutexes and locks to pass the
data beetween a custom global buffer. Is this the reason for not synchronizing
good enough and zombifies jack or it's something else that screw things? Should
I use a ringbuffer (which, to my understanding is lock-free and doesn't need
mutexes) to get the work done, and if so, are there any jack2 example of this
or some hints for what I should be aware of? Or have I misunderstand something
completely?
        Please, any recommendation of how I can eliminate this "jack zombified" thing
and understand the whole realtime issue is welcome.

Thank you in advance.