Re: [LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

From: Karl Hammar <karl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 01 2009 - 19:11:33 EET

Adrian Knoth:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 09:20:07AM +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > How many chipsets come with support for adat or firewire ootb? I have
> I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly, but that's the
> only chip I know, and luckily, it supports ADAT and Firewire. ;)
>
> http://www.tctechnologies.tc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12&Itemid=10

Hello Adrian and thank you for the link, it seems to be an
interesting chip.

To bad it does not have an ethernet interface. Maybe one can use
one of the micrel chips below (there is drivers in the kernel for
them at least) ?

But if the network interface can be solved it could be a good
solution for your adat - ethernet idéa [2].

 Or..

Maybe one can use it together with another processor.

Regards,
/Karl

[1]
 http://www.micrel.com/_PDF/Ethernet/ethernet_datasheet/KSZ8842MQL_DS.pdf