Re: [LAD] [LAA] [ANN] guitarix-0.05.3-1 quick release

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Sat Dec 05 2009 - 10:06:00 EET

Am Freitag, den 04.12.2009, 16:05 +0000 schrieb james morris:
> Hi Hermann,
>
> A new patch:
> http://jwm-art.net/art/text/guitarix-0.05.4-1_gtk2.12_v2.patch
>
> (continues...)

Thanks, James

> On 4/12/2009, "hermann" <brummer-@web.de> wrote:
>
> >Thanks for the patch, indeed we get some requests from stable users to
> >make it possible build against gtk+-2.12. So your patch come handy.
>
> Ah, I'm not the only one then :)
>
> >To the "gtk_menu_get_accel_path", a empty string wouldn't work, but we
> >could replace the add/remove accelerator funktion with
> >
> >gtk_widget_add_accelerator (menu_widget, "activate",
> >gx_gui::GxMainInterface::instance()->fAccelGroup,
> > accel_key, list_mod[i],
> >GTK_ACCEL_VISIBLE);
>
> Yes that seems to work... I don't know enough GTK to have accelerators
> working for the presets (the code for them is more involved) so have
> disabled accelerators entirely for those.

Hi James

That's no good. Please look in SVN rev@email-addr-hidden , I have reworked the
gtk_widget_get_accel_path() function for work in GTK+2.12

> Coincidentally, where are the presets?

Guitarix store all config files in ~./guitarix
The presets stored in ~./guitarix/guitarixprerc
The jconv default config file is stored in ~./guitarix/jconv_set.conf
jconv config files for presets are ~./guitarix/jconv_"presetname".conf

> Lastly, when I cancel loading a wav file for jconv, guitarix crashes hard.
> gtk_file_chooser returns NULL when you click cancel, and you cannot
> assign that to a string.
>
> The new patch fixes the above but maybe leaves you with something to
> consider in gx_select_and_draw_jconv_ir - i'm not sure if the slight
> re-ordering at the start of the func matters - i'm new to jconvolver
> and am yet to figure it out.

Never experience this crash, but okay, we could use a gchar * for
safety, only a g_free() is needed then. Have add it .

> BTW, I was not sure what to do with the jconv reverbs so put them in
> /usr/local/share/jconv_reverbs - you cannot write temp files there!

When a resampling is needed, the IR-wave files must store in a writeable
folder, without resampling, that's no mater, in this case the file is
only read. The config file is stred in ~/guitarix/ anyway.

> Cheers,
> James.

regards hermann