Re: [LAD] FOSS Ethernet Soundcard

From: nescivi <nescivi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 05 2009 - 18:24:52 EET

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 01:39:37 Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> > It seems that my "archetectural" choises are
> > . a single board computer
> > . a stackable system like pc104, pico-itxe or arduino
>
> i've heard arduino is quite popular, so if you that route, it might open
> up a wider user/contributor base.

The arduino microcontroller as such is a bit too slow for audio. There are
newer Atmel chips though that could be worth looking at.

I'd also look at what CNMAT did with their 120 speakerball, since that uses
Gigabit Ethernet to transport audio to it, which then gets converted to
signals for the 120 amps that are in there.
Probably a good reference for what hardware to look at.

sincerely,
Marije