[LAD] Development Release - JACK-sync'd Arpeggiator - arpage

From: Mark Vitek <straypacket@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 12 2009 - 19:15:19 EET

Hello all,

I'm currently writing an arpeggiator that syncs to JACK tempo. It's
starting to get usable, and I'm running out of excuses not to let others try
it out.

Basic features/requirements:

- svn / tarball only now
- gtkmm-based, so dev packages for gtkmm and friends are needed to build
(and obviously jack)
- I've only built it on Ubuntu Studio (karmic) 64bit. I'm looking for
others to let me know if it builds/runs elsewhere.

- requires JACK time master to be rolling for the arpeggiators to do
anything. Qtractor and Seq24 have worked well for me.
- will pass midi events thru when JACK time master is not rolling.

- 4 arpeggiators with transpose, interval, range, note duration selectable
thru UI.
- Each arp has it's own JACK midi in and out port, so you can cascade
arpeggiators.

- Preliminary support for scales and modes - all of them are not correct,
but try major, dorian, diminished and augmented for starters :)

It sounds great with each arpeggiator driving an instance of calf mono.
Check out the ogg/mp3 clip on sourcefourge.

Thanks all,

Looking forward to any and all feedback.