Re: [LAD] Development Release - JACK-sync'd Arpeggiator - arpage

From: David Adler <david.jo.adler@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 13 2009 - 06:56:59 EET

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Mark Vitek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm currently writing an arpeggiator that syncs to JACK tempo.   It's
> starting to get usable, and I'm running out of excuses not to let others try
> it out.

<snip>
> Looking forward to any and all feedback.

Hi Mark,

thanks thanks, this kind of app was certainly missing
up to now.
It builds and runs well on Archlinux 64bit.

I'd second Harrys layout suggestions, the window height
exceeds my small screens. For the increasing group of
netbook users a layout suitable for 1024x600 would be
nice.

One thing: Maybe change ${prefix}/doc/arpage
to ${prefix}/share/doc/arpage in Makefile.am. AFAIK
this would comply better with the FHS and besides
it saves me a sed line in the AUR PKGBUILD script.

all the best,