Re: [LAD] [ANN] aseqmm 0.2.0 released

From: Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas <pedro.lopez.cabanillas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 28 2009 - 19:33:10 EET

On Monday, December 28, 2009, torbenh wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 04:25:11PM +0100, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas wrote:
> > aseqmm is a C++ wrapper around the ALSA library sequencer interface using
> > Qt4 objects, idioms and style. ALSA sequencer provides software support
> > for MIDI technology on Linux. Several examples are included in the source
> > tree.
>
> hmm... maybe its just me. but to me the name aseqmm would imply it uses
> sigc and gobjects.
>
> wouldnt qaseq be amore appropriate name ?

I find quite amusing that such a name would be considered... hmm...
heretic? :-)

The ending in "mm" simply means to me something related to C++. Qt uses
standard C++ in despite of FUD and propaganda that has been spread everywhere
by zealots.

It is not likely to happen, but if somebody writes a wrapper around the ALSA
sequencer API using sigc, gobjects and other gnome friendly frameworks,
wouldn't be more appropriate to name it gaseq ?

Regards,
Pedro